In the suggestive and natural frame of the Horszowsky amphitheatre, located on the top of Monforte d’Alba, some of the most appreciated protagonists of the international music scene, create, every year, a special event: Monfortinjazz.
- On 9th July, as an opening for Monfortinjazz, there will be a character and above all a leading bass player on the international scene not only jazz, but also funk and fusion: Marcus Miller with the latest album ‘Laid Black’.
- Few can boast an extraordinary career in the artistic field as Graham Nash, who will perform on July 12th. Immense is the amount of success achieved by this artist in his seventy-five years of life, so many of his songs passed into history as the soundtrack of the last half century, first with the Hollies and then with Crosby, Stills and Young, up to “This Path Tonight ”(2016) his latest recording effort. Graham Nash has always been a voice in support of social and environmental justice, it is enough to remember the unforgettable No Nukes concerts all over the world, against nuclear energy, in addition to those in favour of humanitarian relief in Japan in 2011 up to those of Occupy Wall Street in Lower Manhattan. In September 2013, Nash released his long-awaited autobiography “Wild Tales”, which offers a compelling and no-holds-barred look at his extraordinary career and his music that he defined more than one generation.
- The Calexicos will return to MonfortinJazz on 26th July, but for this concert the vocalist and guitarist Joey Burns and drummer John Convertino will not be alone: after 14 years on stage there will also be Iron & Wine to play the songs included in their EP of 2005 entitled “In the Reins”, as well as some new compositions and pieces selected from the repertoire of both.
- On July 28th, Xavier Rudd, the talented Australian multi-instrumentalist author of hits like “Follow the Sun”, “Come People” and coming back from the release, in 2018, of the album “Storm Boy” will bring to Monfortinjazz positive and energetic melodies.
- An impressive career: twelve platinum records, three gold records, two appearances at San Remo, international tours and endless sold out concerts. Artistic collaborations with artists such as Ray Charles, Pino Daniele, Incognito, Renato Zero, Marcella Bella, Chaka Kahn, Al Jarreau, Pooh, Earth Wind Fire, Claudio Baglioni, Burt Bacharach . Back for the third time in “his” Monforte d’Alba, the only Italian presence of an extraordinary and international programme, Mario Biondi, which will close the 42nd edition of Monfortinjazz on Saturday 3rd August.