The Second Edition of the Gourmet Food Festival in Turin opens today, Friday 22nd November, at the Lingotto Fiere; an event dedicated to the food world, where visitors, producers and sector operators meet each other to discovers and share knowledge, secrets and recipes about food.
The events has three thematic areas:
- The market with a wide area where producers meet visitors. An idea shop-window to discover and buy food excellences.
- The street food kitchens, where you can taste the products cooked on the spot or taste a selection of wines, beers and drinks from all over Italy.
- Events area, with show cooking, presentations, tastings and meeting with food experts
A real event in the event is the exclusive European Tea Show, dedicated to the world of tea, aimed at tea lovers and producers, exporters, importers and distributors.
There will be an international Tea Village, to get in touch with the different realities of the sector and participate in workshops and masterclasses with the best tea tasters in the world in the Academy Area.
Sunday 24th is the Tea Masters Cup, a competition involving professionals and enthusiasts in the Tea Mixology trial.
The 32nd elimination round is also held in Gourmet – open to all – valid for the qualification to the VII Pesto mortar world championship, scheduled for March 2020 in Genoa.
Among the international guests expected at Gourmet stands the chef Hiroto Akama, the Master of Japanese Cuisine Traveler who on Sunday 24 accompanies the public on a sensory journey to discover the flavours, colours and aromas of Japanese cuisine using the traditional products of Wakayama, a region of Kansai defined “Spiritual heart” of Japan.
Among the Italians:
- the Ice-cream Master Alberto Marchetti, who dedicates two ice cream block-chain workshops, the new method of traceability of raw materials to create a “digital passport” of products;
- the starred chef Marcello Trentini who explains to the public the nutritional and freshness benefits deriving from the use of live agricultural products in the kitchen, obtained only thanks to innovative cultivation systems;
- Davide Colombo, from the mixology world, who proposes a Vertical Tasting to discover the whole range of Vermouth Martini
- and Mirko Turconi, from mixology world too, who guides the public to prepare a welcome cocktail using the tools present in every home kitchen.
For coffee lovers, don’t miss the appointments in the SCA Italy space with Manuela Fensore, World Latte Art Champion 2019 and Francesco Corona, Italian champion of Coffee in Good Spirits.
There is no shortage of appointments dedicated to children: educational farms are scheduled every day, workshops where children come into contact with nature and its products, from milk to cereals, from chestnuts to ice cream.
Gourmet Food Festival – II edition
22nd-24th November 2019
Friday 22nd and Saturday 23rd: from 10 am to 10 pm
Sunday 24th: from 10 am to 8 pm
HALL 1 | LINGOTTO FIERE TORINO
Via Nizza 294, Turin
Admission 5 euros