After the first events with the music protagonists, the teacher Alessandro Quarta and the concert of Boomdabash, scheduled respectively Saturday 7th and Sunday 8th December, in the city arrives the detailed programme of the first weekend that, reached the 12th edition, foresees four weekends dedicated to the most typical Christmas tradition.
Among the novelties of this year, the Christmas selfie spots, located in the streets and squares of the Alba shopping area until January 6th, where you can take your own souvenir photo in a sparkling atmosphere of lights, music and decorations. By posting on the social media your photos in front of the stands and using the hashtag #seguilastella and #nottidellanativita (without accent) it will be possible to participate in the Christmas contest and win, among other things, three months of free Aegean electricity supply, a beautiful Mavì game and a 5 kg Galup panettone!
- Piazza Ferrero. The Wish train. The most loved attraction by children is back in collaboration with Egea: a cheerful little train runs fast in the sparkling Christmas tree forest and desires become true. At the end of the Christmas holidays, the birches and the hornbeams used for the set will be donated to the municipalities of the territory for planting.
- Via Maestra. The traditional Nativity crib. The classic Nativity crib told through the exhibition of beautiful life-size handcrafted statues in a suggestive setting in the heart of the city and the best wishes of Banca d’Alba.
- Piazza Duomo Piazza Duomo. The Great Star. A marvellous 7-meter bright star illuminates the Christmas of Alba in the Cathedral square, a beautiful work created with the support of Generali Assicurazioni, to pay homage to what has always been the motto of the Nativity Nights: Follow the star!
- Quartiere Piave The fir of Joy. The spirit of Christmas travels to the neighbourhoods and illuminates a large Christmas tree placed for the first time in Borgo Piave in collaboration with the Associazione Commercianti Albesi.
- Piazza Ferrero. Ferrero’s Wishes Tree. The symbol of the Christmas greetings elegantly decorated and illuminated, offered as a gift to the citizenry and to all visitors by the Ferrero Family.
- Piazza Duomo, Palazzo del Comune. Santa’s Reindeer Gallery. The traditional and awaited preparation of the staircase of the Town Hall, curated by the Borgo San Lorenzo, this year will host the Santa Claus reindeer, waiting for the long journey of the vigil.
First week-end programme:
Saturday 30th November , waiting for Santa Claus, the appointment is at Casa Claus, in Piazza del Duomo, which will open in preview, starting at 3 pm, for a delicious snack prepared by the kitchen of Mamma Natale listening to the most beautiful Christmas stories ever , told by the queen of the Elves.
The big inaugural party will take place on Sunday 1st December. At 3 pm, in Piazza Duomo, Casa Claus will open again its doors for Christmas in Wonderland. Some beloved fairy tale characters linked to Christmas will meet kids and families to take souvenir photos and taste Mamma Natale’s snack. Snow White, Beauty and the Beast, Queen Elsa, Princess Anna and the cute snowman Olaf.
At 5.00 pm starting from piazza Michele Ferrero, the the selfie points will be opened with the Christmas Fantasy Parade, which will be attended by many beloved characters of Christmas in Alba, such as Mickey Mouse, Pluto, Pinocchio, Tinkerbell, Little Red Riding Hood and the Wolf, the sweet Clara and the Prince Nutcracker and the Christmas Carols, elegant Victorian costumed singers, headed by Santa Claus with the elves and the Rudolph reindeer.
The first inaugural stop will be the “Trenino dei Desideri” with the Christmas tree forest, then at 5.30 pm in the presence of Signora Maria Franca will take place the lighting of the large and elegant pine tree donated to the city by the Ferrero family. The ribbon will then be cut in front of the crib set up in Via Maestra and finally the procession will reach Piazza Duomo to light the bright star and inaugurate the scenographic setting of the staircase of the Town Hall.
The high note will be at Santa Claus’ house, with an auspicious toast on the notes of Christmas Carols and all the fantastic characters of this magical Christmas.
Free admission to all the events