Each “route”, several of which are planned in the province, consists of 5 meetings to discover the wine and taste it. All the meetings will take place from 8:30 to 10:30 pm.
- Early evening – Introduction to tasting. Go Wine Association presentation and illustration of the tasting course. Introduction to tasting: techniques, rules, aims and behavior. Sensory ability analysis of smell and taste. General introduction on the characteristics determining the structure of a wine (with reference also in the following evenings). Tasting of 4 wines.
- Second evening – The relationship between vine-wine-territory, white wines. The Vine – Wine – Territory relationship. Native vines and international vines. White wines. Tasting of 5 wines.
- Third evening – Work in the vineyard, red wines. The work in the vineyard (how a great wine, techniques and methods are born from the earth). The red wines. Tasting of 5 wines.
- Fourth evening – Wine tourism. Sparkling wines and meditation wines. The cellar as a place of promotion. The wine product between agriculture and tourism. Sparkling wines: classic method and charmat method. Sweet wines and raisin wines: vinification methods. Tasting of 5 wines.
- Fifth evening – Dinner with wine and food pairing. Wine at the table: meeting with two Piedmontese producers. The wine told and the pairing with the dishes on the menu. Tasting path with 4 wines in the classic menu consisting of Appetizer, First, Second and Dessert.
The participation fee is 190.00 euros (including VAT). This fee includes: tastings, lessons, theoretical lecture notes, guide “Cantine d’Italia 2020”, n. 6 Carrè model tasting glasses, registration with the Go Wine Association until 31/12/2020, appetizers to accompany the evenings, final dinner (appetizer, first course, second course, dessert) and certificate of participation. It will be possible for each participant to bring a companion to the final dinner of the course at a cost of 30 euros.
These are the “routes” currently planned:
from Wednesday 19th February 2020 – at “La Novella” (Viale degli Angeli, 33 – Cuneo)
from Monday 2nd March 2020 – at “Ostu Bistrot” (Via Muratori, 18 – Savigliano)
from Tuesday 10th March 2020 – at “Vincafè” (Via Vittorio Emanuele, 12 – Alba)