It is a true sports paradise, a well-known and appreciated ski resort in the south-western Alps with over 80 km of avant-garde downhill slopes, an ancient alpine village that combines the natural green of the Vermenagna Valley with woods and pastures, combining adventure with canoeing, mountain biking, golf, tennis, walking, horse riding, paragliding.
Known worldwide for its murals inspired by Collodi’s famous novel, Pinocchio, this village is both a summer and winter destination and it is a starting point for numerous excursions immersed in the intact nature of the valley. The Planfrè woodland nature reserve, a protected area that is part of the Maritime Alps Natural Park, is well really worth a visit.
The concentric lies on the left of the Vermenagna, surrounded by chestnut groves and extends along the axis of State Road No. 20, a link between Italy and France. Today it looks like a pretty village, surrounded by hamlets in which numerous small chapels stand out.
It is lively shopping centre that during the summer is populated by tourists who enliven the daily market in July and August, while at the end of the month it is a great celebration for the Patron Saint of San Magno. Very suggestive are also the celebrations of Holy Week.
Fairs and events:
• Limone Piemonte – Granfondo La Via del Sale and Campionato Italiano di Superenduro (MBT competitions) – June
• Limone Piemonte – Abaiya – August
• Limone Piemonte – Concerti sul lago Terrasole – August
• Robilante – Festa della Fisarmonica “Notou Sounadour” – May
• Robilante – Festa della Polenta – November
• Roccavione – Sagra del Marrone – October
• Vernante – Pinocchio dell’anno – May