Its foundation has Romanesque origins and the name presumably derives from Fagus Solium. In ancient times it was the site of a fierce castle which in 1600, under Madama Cristina di Savoia, was destroyed.
In this small village located 700 meters above sea level, on the right ridge of the Belbo, hazelnut cultivation was already undertaken in the 1930s. Immersed in the green of hazel groves, Feisoglio dedicates the most important event of the year to the Tonda Gentile of the Langhe, which is held on the second Sunday of September.
Of the ancient castle, built by the Carretto gods in the 12th century, only a few ruins remain. The stones recovered from the castle were used to build new houses, to remodel the parish church (dating back to 1423) in Baroque style and to raise the bell tower which still stands in the centre of the village. A country road that branches off from the provincial road at the beginning of Feisoglio allows you to visit the surroundings and leads to the chapel of S. Sebastiano (15th century).
It is one of the oldest parishes in the Alta Langa, its construction being documented in 1428. Placed on the top of a ridge, with static problems due to landslides, it is, perhaps for these reasons, one of the very few churches that they do not overlook a square but, more simply, close a small street in the town. However, a recent widening allows the cultivation of the Belbo valley to be dominated from above.
Inside there are remarkable works of art, including an extensive fresco, probably from the sixteenth century, depicting the Annunciation, which recently came to light during restoration works.
It is also mentioned for the organ that bears the inscription ‘Opus Jacob Phil. Landei in Centallo ‘. Some dating doubts place it: 1549 according to some (and in this case it would be one of the oldest in Piedmont) or a more probable 1749.
Among the manifestations of Feisoglio it is worth mentioning the patronal feast of S. Lorenzo, the second Sunday of August.