Along the road that connects Dogliani to Bossolasco, you come across this town of few houses.
At the time of Einaudi, first president of the Italian Republic, thanks to the spectacular landscape and the pleasantness of the climate, Somano was already a holiday resort, sought after by wealthy intellectuals.
Among the monuments, worth mentioning is the church of San Donato built in 1480, located on the top of the hill.
It can be reached after passing, in the square, the Confraternity of the Disciplinati, the medieval part that once gave access to the concentric and the characteristic pylon, with discreet frescoes, located behind the Parish church. It is necessary to face a short climb to emerge on the square that acts as a churchyard, appreciating its beautiful facade.
The interior of the sacred building is particularly interesting, as it is rich in precious works of art: frescoes, paintings and stuccos, a tabernacle carved in marble from the end of the 15th century.
Few traces remain of the ancient castle, which hosted the Savonese lords of L’Aste.
The patronal feast is held on the first Sunday of August